SGS-CSTC Standards Technical Services Co., Ltd. (SGS-CSTC)
With its headquarters in Switzerland, SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. We operate a network of over 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world with around 60,000 employees.
SGS-CSTC Standards Technical Services Co., Ltd. was founded in 1991 as a joint venture between SGS Group and China Standard Technology Development Corp., under the State Administration of Quality Technical Supervision. SGS-CSTC boasts over 50 branches and dozens of laboratories with around 8,000 professionals working for the company.
Our capabilities are competently embodied in servicing the supply chains of various sectors such as agricultural, minerals, petrochemicals, industrial, consumer products, automotive and life science. For years, SGS has geared up its innovation efforts and collateral resources in the areas of environmental protection, social responsibility, alternative energy, energy efficiency and low carbon initiatives. The services we provide help local and overseas businesses, governments and institutions develop sustainable solutions that balance People, Planet and Profit.
SGS can offer a third-party sustainability report assurance service and training service. The organizations could publish the CSR report with confidence that information in the CSR report would met relevant requirements.
CSR activities include:
- In 2010, SGS as a GRI-Certified Trainer on Sustainability Reporting in Chinese Speaking Countries
- In 2009, "2009 SGS Sustainability Summit" was successfully held by SGS together with WWF in Guangzhou, Shanghai and Beijing. Through the summit related experts, professors and representatives of famous corporate gave their speech and shared their new idea and new concept of sustainability freely, which gained them warm welcome from the 600 attendees
- In 2006, SGS-CSTC hosted the "Green Food Management Forum"
- In 2006, SGS-CSTC took part in the 99th Guangzhou Trade Fair and set up display booths in two exhibition halls. With "One-Stop Green Solution For Your Success" as the slogan, SGS-CSTC offered solutions to problems in product testing, certification, and inspection, and provided high-quality expert services to domestic and international clients. During the Trade Fair, SGS-CSTC also hosted two symposiums in the China Hotel and the Pazhou Exhibition Center focusing on environmental protection. The company invited top-class experts and lecturers to give inspiring and insightful lectures focused on providing practical solutions to the problem of breaking green trade barriers for agricultural and electronics companies, and in building a sound platform for win-win cooperation
- SGS-CSTC hosted the Symposium on CDM Program in September 2005 in Beijing. Gareth Philip, the Global Business Supervisor of the Climate Changes Mechanism Program in SGS Group, gave a lecture on the current situation of CDM, methodology, review procedures, and other topics with related case studies citing specific examples
- In September 2005, SGB-CSTC, together with the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Shantou Sub-council, hosted the Forum of Quality and Environmental Protection - How to Deal with Green Trade Barriers
- On 8 July 2005, SGS-CSTC launched its 1st Customer Service Month Program in China in the Shenzhen Shangri-La Hotel. During the launching ceremony, SGS-CSTC issued its 10,000th certificate in Greater China. To address the problem of bringing Shenzhen export companies more into line with international product standards and share international market more efficiently after China's WTO accession SGS-CSTC organized several meetings and forums including; the International Complaints Management System ISO10002 Illustration Meeting, the Green Food Forum - How to Break the EU Environmental Protection Barriers ROHS & WEEE with the Aid of ISO14000 and GPMS; the Supplier Management Forum - Supplier Management Experts of Lenovo Group Sharing Their Experience, etc. It also selected the SGS-CSTC Golden Diamond Client and Silver Diamond Client
- In 2005, with the support of governmental departments and all sectors of society, SGS-CSTC hosted a press conference in Novotel Bauhinia Shenzhen Hotel, on the topic of "Learn Certification Standards, Create Honest Market." Representatives from the Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision, the Consumer Rights and Interests Protection Association, the Association of the Industry, and certain enterprises were involved
China Council for the Promotion of International Trade Shantou Sub-council
Philips Electronics (Beijing) Co., Ltd.